Micro Training Grant
The goal of this program is to encourage local businesses to pursue further talent development of their employees. With the changing business marketplace it is more important than ever that local employers invest in their workforce. GCCF will provide matching training funds to businesses located or operated in the Town of Greece up to an amount of $1,000.
- Grants will be made up to $1,000 as funds are available.
- Grants have a rolling deadline, however would only be given when funding is available.
- Applicants must match funds requested. Matching funds can include one or portions of the following direct or indirect costs of training: cost of instruction, wages of employees being trained while in training, new purchases of equipment and software required for training, and expenses associated with out-of-town training.
- Trainees must be permanent employees, on the payroll of the applicant, with year-round attachment to the employer. Part-time employees are eligible to be trained if they work more than 1200 hours annually.
- Funds requested can include cost of classroom instruction (i.e., tuition or course fees), customized coursework or in-house training and training materials (books, manuals and exams).
- Businesses must be located in the Town of Greece, special preference will be given to members of the Greece Chamber of Commerce.
Julie Marie Kuppinger Memorial Scholarship
The Julie Marie Kuppinger Memorial Scholarship was created in 2007 in memory of a beloved Greece native to encourage cultural exchange amongst students. The first scholarship was awarded in spring 2008 to an Arcadia High School Student to participate in a study abroad opportunity in Spain. In 2009 a local college student, and Greece native was given a scholarship to study abroad in Mexico. Additional awards will be made in the upcoming years. To apply for this scholarship, please contact the Greece Chamber of Commerce.