The Greece Regional Chamber of Commerce recently held its Annual Meeting & Luncheon at Ridgemont Country Club in Greece. The event provided area business members the opportunity to network, elect new board members, and hear from chamber and community leaders.
Highlights of the Chamber’s Annual Meeting included the Annual State of the Chamber Address by Chamber President and CEO Sarah Lentini, remarks and annual meeting facilitation by Board Chair Eugene Welch, Esq., of Tully, Rinckey PLLC, a State of the State Senate by New York State Senator Jeremy Cooney, a State of the State Assembly by New York State Assemblyman Josh Jensen, a State of the County recap by Monroe County Deputy County Executive Jeff McCann, and a State of the Town overview by Greece Town Councilman Mike Barry. The event also featured recognition of 2021-2022 Vice Chair/2019-2021 Treasurer Joseph Kehm, CPA (Retired Partner, EFPR Group LLP) and 2021-2022 Board Treasurer Barbara Sauer (LeChase Construction Services LLC), both of whom are stepping down from their officer roles but staying on the Chamber’s Board of Directors.
The membership elected the following as new directors serving a first three-year term:
- Kris Kelly, M&T Bank
- Lenora Paige, Flower City Monitor Services
- Michael Tornatore, Equitable Advisors
Additionally, the following will be continuing on the Board of Directors for 2022-23, including:
- John Adams, Board Treasurer (Market President and Senior Franchise Consultant, FranNet of Western & Central New York)
- A Christina Breen-Hale (Agent, Christina Breen-Hale State Farm Agency)
- Tom Dambra, Board Secretary; (President/CEO, Family First Federal Credit Union)
- Adina Jucan, DDS (Owner, Adina Family Dental)
- Joseph Kehm, CPA; (Retired Partner, EFPR Group LLP)
- Samantha Knataitis (Field Marketing Specialist, Spectrum Reach)
- Sarah E. Lentini (Ex Officio), President & Chief Executive Officer, Greece Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Corey Listar, Board Vice Chair; (Co-Owner, Yeti To Work)
- Michael Mordenga (President/CEO, The Victors Gymnastics, Inc.)
- Sherry Nau, Member-at-Large; (Executive Director, Gavia LifeCare Center, LLC)
- David Perotto, Immediate Past Chair; (Vice President/Funeral Director, Bartolomeo & Perotto Funeral Home, Inc.)
- Maria Scalise (State Marketing Director New York and Ohio Campuses, Bryant & Stratton College)
- Barbara Sauer (Vice President of Finance, LeChase Construction)
- Eugene Welch, Esq., Board Chair; (Partner, Tully, Rinckey PLLC)
Guest speakers for this year’s event included:
- New York State Senator Jeremy Cooney
- New York State Assemblyman Josh Jensen
- Deputy Monroe County Executive Jeff McCann
- Greece Town Councilman Michael Barry
“The Greece Regional Chamber is so grateful to the many businesses who volunteer to serve on our boards and our committees,” said Greece Regional Chamber President and CEO Sarah Lentini. “The depth of their talents, commitment, and generosity is essential to the ongoing success of our organization and is especially critical as we expand our membership and benefit offerings throughout Monroe County and beyond.”
Sponsors this year included Bartolomeo & Perotto Funeral Home and LeChase Construction Services LLC (Platinum Sponsors), Orchard View Senior Apartments (Silver Sponsor), Dells Sweets & Treats (Dessert Sponsor), BRL Entertainment Solutions (Photography Sponsor).
For more information on the Greece Regional Chamber of Commerce and its membership benefits, available to businesses throughout Monroe County, NY, and beyond, visit www.GreeceChamber.org, email Info@GreeceChamber.org, or call (585) 227-7272 or (585) 944-5800.